Sew It Yourself
By Daisy Braid
It's time to start sewing with Sew It Yourself with DIY Daisy: 20 pattern-free projects (and infinite variations) to make your dream wardrobe.
When Daisy Braid started sewing, patterns were out of her budget so she just started DIYing! Sew It Yourself is a colourful, size-inclusive and inspiring book for sewers of all stages and abilities, beginners included. It includes guides on everything you need to get started (including equipment, materials and basic techniques) and step-by-step projects with clear instructions, photographs and illustrations that will take the scary out of sewing.
Daisy's designs use simple shapes to create playful, classic and comfortable pieces that can be styled for all occasions. The book features 10 small accessory projects and 10 more advanced clothing projects. There's no standard sizing – just your own body measurements – and no zips or buttons required! They also encourage intentional sewing practices, with projects that produce minimal waste and can even be made with leftover fabric scraps.
So get out that sewing machine (or borrow one from you granny) – Sew It Yourself with DIY Daisy is all you need to get started on discovering (or rediscovering) sewing and creating something one-of-a-kind. Just remember: sewing is self-care, and you make the rules!
WHO IS THIS BOOK FOR?
- Teens and adults who want to create their own one-of-a-kind clothing designs.
- Beginner to intermediate sewers.
- Lovers of funky, comfortable, modern clothing designs for all body shapes.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE:
- Info about choosing materials and equipment.
- A guide on taking body measurements and making your own clothing patterns.
- 10 simple accessory project ideas and 10 more intricate clothing project ideas.
- Clear step-by-step instructions.
DIMENSIONS: This paperback book measures 22x17cm and includes 208 pages.
Publisher: Hardie Grant
Please select all options.