Maker Camp - Preorder - Orders shipped by 6th Oct
By Delaine Holton-Fessler
Heritage crafts and skill-building projects for kids.
Head over to our CRAFT BLOG to see my full book review and examples of projects we created inspired by Maker Camp >>>
Learn to handcraft from an experienced art educator who weaves a story of human creativity and modern tinkering, from the very beginnings of building shelters in the woods to utilizing recycled materials. From weaving and knot tying to building toy cars and junk robots, this book links techniques of the past with the present while offering the fun of making things with your own hands.
Author Delanie Holton-Fessler is a teacher, maker, and mom of two boys who has worked as a project-based learning specialist and a professional artist. She founded The Craftsman & Apprentice, a heritage craft–inspired workshop in Denver, Colorado, with the simple mission to make things with people. This is a mission we LOVE here at Mini Mad Things!
WHAT'S INSIDE THE BOOK?
- 20 Classic and inventive projects for children aged 3-11 years including, sewing, weaving, shelter building, soap carving, kite making, woodwork projects and lots more.
- Each project offers ways to adapt the activity for different ages.
- Beautiful images and instructions for each project.
- Advice on the 12 best practices for creative work with kids.
- Materials lists and ideas for creating and maintaining space for making.
- 176 beautiful pages.
The book is hardback with 176 pages and measures 18 x 22cm.
Publisher: Roost Books
Please select all options.