By Kunyi June Anne McInerney
Through an extraordinary collection of over 60 paintings, accompanied by stories, Kunyi presents a rare chronicle of what life was like for her and the other Children’s Home kids who became her family.
Her paintings are a healing trove of memories that reveal the loneliness, fear and courage of the Stolen Generation children who were torn from family and loved ones. From bible lessons to sucking bone marrow and collecting bush fruits, the escapades, adventures and sorrows of the children are painted with warmth, humour and unflinching honesty.
Kunyi’s story is one of healing and reconciliation. She is telling it so that the lives of the children at Oodnadatta Children’s Home will not be forgotten. This is a collection of tender and honest stories that will educate children on our nation’s history and remind adult readers of the real impact of the Stolen Generations.
WHAT YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE:
- Beautiful, colourful paintings by artist Kunyi June Anne McInerney.
- Tender and honest stories of what life was like for children of the Stolen Generation at Oodnadatta Children's Home.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE:
- A story of healing and reconciliation.
- Beautiful paintings - I love all the paintings as much as my kids!
- Stories that will educate children on Australian history and remind adult readers of the real impact of the Stolen Generations.
- Bio about artist Kunyi June Anne McInerney.
This hardback picture book has 60 pages and measures 29cm x 24.5cm.
Publisher: Magabala Books
Please select all options.